• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Freakin' E-Brake Button!

GhostDakota

NAXJA Forum User
So I failed inspection 'cause of no exterior mirrors (fixed), horn not working (fixed), and my e-brake button not allowing the e-brake to engage.

Basically, my e-brake's button, is gone. Never had one. This makes it so my e-brake doesn't stay on. Can I just get another button or do I have to replace the entire handle, cables, etc.?

Thanks....

Easiest to replace the whole handle with one from a junkyard. Its two bolts and less than 10 bucks.

Thanks John. Does this require replacement of the cables as well or can I just do the handle and re-attach the existing cables?

You can use your existing cables. Once you get under the Jeep and see how the e-brake system works its pretty self explainatory. Probably easiest to grab the bolt that goes from the handle to the brake tensioner (where the cables start) as well.

I've got a quick solution! Find a small spring with some good tension, then a yellow wire nut (I think the colors represent size), put the spring over the threaded rod thing that the button was on, then screw on the wire nut, the end! If the wire nut has wings and doesn't fit, just clip them off. My e-brake has been like this for months now.

Back