• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tahuya Damage Report

vortex

NAXJA Forum User
Figured i would start this so everyone could know how it went.

Damage Included:

Both front fenders
Small dents on D-side rear door
Alternator
Rock rash on some of the wheels

All-In-All it was an awesome day. And some awesome wheeling.

-PJ-

1 blown up brake.

oh wait...that happend at home. :(

~Scott

I'll have pics up as soon as they finish loading up to photobucket...

It was a great trip. I was really impressed how well the XJ did open/open. It was rubbing EVERYWHERE! Bad enough the it grabbed the rear of the front fenders and rolled them in nicely!!! Needless to say that there will be some serious fender trimming going down soon!

Give me a bit to get the pictures on here.

Tim

Ok...

Here are a few of the pics.

At the unload area at Tahuya.
SANY0860.jpg

PJ's (Vortex) newly lifted rig on 32's... Now we know it's in major need for fender trimming
SANY0861.jpg

Jerry's TJ. It flexed well and had a killer set of bumpers on it.
SANY0863.jpg

Dan's '98. I believe it has a Skyjacker 4" lift. It was a sharp looking rig.
SANY0862.jpg

Here is rig Jeremy was sporting. Nice quad and his truck in the background was a nice rig too.
SANY0865.jpg

And of course there is Seth0941's rig. This thing can flex! locked in the front only. Everyone else on the trip was open/open.
SANY0864.jpg

We had a blast. The day was a bit wet in the morning but warmed up and cleared of very well.

Ok back to the pics...

Pj
SANY0867.jpg

Seth
SANY0885.jpg

Jerry
SANY0873.jpg

SANY0899.jpg

Jerry playing in a small rock garden
SANY0900.jpg

SANY0897.jpg

So how long were you guys there? I'm considering making a trip to tahuya...but I dont want to drive 2+ hours to be disappointed.

~Scott

So how long were you guys there? I'm considering making a trip to tahuya...but I don't want to drive 2+ hours to be disappointed.

~Scott

we left Olympia at 8 am. it is 42 miles from Olympia. so, lets say that we were on the trail at about 9:30. we did the loop and some side stuff and were done just before dark. then we drove home.

So how long were you guys there? I'm considering making a trip to tahuya...but I dont want to drive 2+ hours to be disappointed.

~Scott

Trust me its worth it...lots of root balls to climb and tons of deep water holes to Toast your alternator in! rocks if your in to that stuff its a very flexy place for sure i wouldn't mind having a smaller set of tires actually....

Very nice pistures by the way tim....Dan's rooster tail was Sick....i'm definatly down to do that run again but trimming is a must and gears+Locker too!!!

I also think everyone should have self clearancing fenders.....:lecture:

-PJ-

Last edited:
Back