• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How do My Angles look?

Cherokeekid88

NAXJA Forum User
Just wondering how much angles look? trac bar seems off.
100_2310.jpg

100_2311.jpg

ditch that hillbilly brackets that came for your track bar and re drill a hole on the original mount. Should make them parallel.

Looks good !!! I have the same steering setup.

Nick

No, it doesn't look good. It's not horrible but it could use improvement.

The way to check if you have good angles is to draw an imaginary line from one mount to the other on both the drag link and the track bar. You want them to be parallel.

No, it doesn't look good. It's not horrible but it could use improvement.

The way to check if you have good angles is to draw an imaginary line from one mount to the other on both the drag link and the track bar. You want them to be parallel.

agreed.

right now the trac bar is steeper than the drag link. i'd raise the bottom end of the trac bar up to the stock height. i'm guessing that trac bar has a bigger bolt than stock and came with some funky brackets. as said before, ditch the brackets and drill the hole in the factory location bigger.

temp.jpg

You want them parallel...

If you dont have bump steer dont worrie about it, but if you do youll know why.

Well that is actually the stock trac bar with a drop bracket for the axle mount. But everyone is saying that i need to ditch the bracket and re drill the stock hole? wouldn't that still put me at an angle? Shouldn't I buy an adjustable trac bar with a HD frame mount and lower the frame mount location of the trac bar to make it more parallel?

Well that is actually the stock trac bar with a drop bracket for the axle mount. But everyone is saying that i need to ditch the bracket and re drill the stock hole? wouldn't that still put me at an angle? Shouldn't I buy an adjustable trac bar with a HD frame mount and lower the frame mount location of the trac bar to make it more parallel?

YOu drill a new hole to the right of your originial hole, you should just buy an adjustable trackbar that uses your stock mount, from looking at your setup I would say you dont need a new frame mount as your not lifted that tall. Angles will probably be off with a new frame mount since it drops track bar.
If you dont have bumpsteer then just leave it but I would recommand ditching that track bar bracket as they will fold like a taco and caused my old rig to drive look poop.

Back