• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

couple aussie questions

yourconfusedhaha

NAXJA Forum User
my aussies been acting up and now its gotten to the point if i hit the gas it skips a few teath, tires chirp and it makes all kinds of noises

moving it back and forth the pin moves in the spring slot a good 1/8+ - a lil in the slot is that normal?

i dont see any chipped teath or chunks in the gear oil

KIF_3358.jpg

KIF_3359.jpg

KIF_3360.jpg

KIF_3361.jpg

Cant see anything with those pics?

+1 on not being able to see anything in those pics. Have any better ones? I wouldn't think the shaft would move all too much in there, but I'm comparing a no-slip to an Aussie soo wouldn't know for sure...

put the camera in macro mode and try again :wave:

I had the same thing happen on a quick lock in a 44 under a landcruser I chiped/rounded the teath and after removing it I also found 2 of 4 pins broken the non broken ones bent and all the holes for the pins cracked and ovled out.

I transferred my front Aussie to a new carrier today, and there was no slop in the pin holes. Everything seemed nice and tight. Are the cam gears tight against the axle gears? Is there slop between the locker and cross shaft?

crazy question but...

what was the point of posting these pictures? a verbal description probably would have sufficed over the pictures.
Take the fogged glass and vaseline off your lens...or learn macro.

Back