• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

mounting cb below ashtray

dellstopjeep

NAXJA Forum User
I have seen a couple pictures of cbs mounted inthat cubby after the shifter and below the ash tray. Started looking into it and forgot about heater vent ducting and piece that attaches to dash. Can all of this be ditched to mount cb there or well hot area just shoot onto my cb? Also anyone have some good picture of how you mounted it there.
thanks

I actually removed my ashtray and mounted the CB on the dash where the ashtray used to be.
IM000742-1.jpg

I really like that idea, drill holes behind it and wiring isnt even seen. TOtally diggin the grenade shifter, you may just have the idea jacked if I can ever save up and buy novak shift linkage

That's a stock shifter that I modified. I didn't like having to reach for the shifter when wheeling after I installed a 2-low kit.

I really like that idea, drill holes behind it and wiring isnt even seen. TOtally diggin the grenade shifter, you may just have the idea jacked if I can ever save up and buy novak shift linkage

X2

doesn't everyone need a grenade shifter in their rig? :D

If I get in a spot I can't get out of, just pull the pin and walk away.....:explosion

of course after you take the wheels, tires and winch!

I just ran the power wires and antenna cable between the console and bottom of the dash. 2 screws to hold the CB mounting bracket to the dash.

All I did was remove the shifter, cut off the handle portion at the bend and weld on a 3/8 bolt. Ground it down to look decent and paint it. Very easy mod that is really much more comfortable to reach for when wheeling.

P1010275.jpg

well I decided I liked the cubby below the ash tray so I kept it. This seems to be a good place and I was able to hide wiring very easily.
To bad I took the jeep out a gour later and the starter took a dump.

P1010275.jpg

well I decided I liked the cubby below the ash tray so I kept it. This seems to be a good place and I was able to hide wiring very easily.
To bad I took the jeep out a gour later and the starter took a dump.
Looks familiar????:scottm:
See where my Mic is mounted? I just used velcro with the tape back to attach it to the dash. No holes drilled and just pull it off the velcro. Works great and is out of the way.

ya I was gonna do that but my mic is a bit bigger than yours. I just put the little clip beside the rear window defrost control since I have no accessory there. Ya you didnt put TM on your picture so I used the idea. haha

That's why we post this stuff up. Keeping the idea's all to yourself isn't any fun. Glad to be of help.

Back