• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

STOLEN Red XJ Sport w/31" MTRs

T&A-XJ

NAXJA Forum User
If this is against the rules let me know and delete ect.

Apparently someone wanted my wifes red XJ but didnt want to pay for it. Was stolen last night or this morning and somehow they got it out of here with only one LCA in the front. Hell i moved it 3 parking spots without the LCA and was affraid of it buckling under.
DSCN7225.jpg

So if you see it, it isnt sold. Call 911 or if the for sale sign is in the back call that number too

T&A-XJ said:
If this is against the rules let me know and delete ect.

Apparently someone wanted my wifes red XJ but didnt want to pay for it. Was stolen last night or this morning and somehow they got it out of here with only one LCA in the front. Hell i moved it 3 parking spots without the LCA and was affraid of it buckling under.
DSCN7225.jpg

So if you see it, it isnt sold. Call 911 or if the for sale sign is in the back call that number too
Damn, that sucks Tim. I saw your FS post at PNW...sorry you didn't get a chance to sell it first! I'll keep my eyes open and a round chambered.

sniper.gif

BTW, this is NOT against the rules! :) We're more than happy to help fellow XJers in need.

-----Matt-----

Tim,

A friend of mine with a 1990 red 4dr had his stollen several months ago now. His was recoved several months later (about 2 months ago). It was stolen from the Mill Creek area and the "kids" who stole it had ripped out the vin numbers and replaced with their own. Got caught and he got the jeep back. But it wasn't in the same condition as it was when it was stolen.

This might not help much, but I always thought it was odd that a jeep like these (reasonably little value both in 1 piece, or parted out) would be stolen. But it makes more sense when they intend on keeping them because they "blend in".

I will keep an eye out as well. Anything real distinctive other than the wheels/tires and bug screen that all can easily be removed?

Michael

Back and intact. CD face missing and dirty seats are the extent of the "damage" No signs of anything-ignition intact, locks/windows intact ect, I dont get it. The ignition is cracked but still works, even the steering lock is working properly.

Thanks for keeping an eye out for it!

Tim

Maybe your XJ ran away because it didn't want to be sold...:bawl:

Perhaps encourage whomever purchases it to invest in an alarm.

Anyway, glad to hear you got it back! :roll:

Several years ago, a person living in Southern California told me that many 4x4's are stolen for use in the drug smuggling trade across the desert into mexico. My insurance agent at one time told me that is true and that jeeps are at the top of the list. The reason? Those have the best 4x4 systems and have the best shot at getting across the desert.

some endorsement, eh?

Time for some disabling. I have yet to figure out how they started it without a key. The ignition was cracked but still intact and I tried my other jeep keys with no luck, I figured a screwdriver would be hanging out of it:dunno:

Back