• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Reverse Light Issues

cj11

NAXJA Forum User
My reverse will work some times it seems when I first start the engine they will not work but if I drive for bit they seem to work. Also some times I have to shake the shifter to get them to turn on. What the hell could be the prob.

Remove and clean/lubricate the NSS,thats most likely the problem.BTW:this belongs in OEM Tech.

thanks I will have to give that try anything else it could be. By the way my xj is modified so why cant it go in modified tech.

try just realigning the NSS. with the engine OFF but the key ON put it in reverse and have somebody stand behind the jeep to watch the lights. loosen the nut holding the NSS to the tranny and the NSS will be able to rotate a few degrees forwards and backwards. see if the reverse lights come on in a position, and if so lock it down. then make sure the engine still starts in park and neutral.

Back