• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'00 wiper problem

philip_g

NAXJA Forum User
the other day the windshield was iced over and I thought I turned the wipers off, I didnt, I left them on while they were stuck in a block of ice :eyes:

since then the wipers won't park when I shut them off, they just stop where they are.

When I put them in intermittent they'll run at medium for about 2 swipes then they'll run in intermittent, or maybe it's just when I fiddle with the delay switch.

Anyway most of the info I find is about modules going bad on pre 97 XJ's, I found a couple threads that seem to indicate it's probably the wiper motor, anyone agree or disagree? :D
From the little I've read I guess I fried the park circuit when the wipers were stuck or something

Last edited:
1997-2001 the wiper motor is the wiper module. If the wiper switch works, you need to replace the wiper motor. If you get a used one, just get the whole wiper assembly. Because you have to remove the whole wiper assembly to fix this, there is no point in the extra labor for changing the motor.

Back