• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Heat/AC Panel lights

MN-Cherokee

NAXJA Forum User
96 XJ, 4.0, SE model.

Is the SE model supposed to have lights behind the AC/Heat control panel like the rest of the dash? Since the day I bought it (used), it never had lights there.

I pulled the dash overlay off and was going to remove the panel to check. I noticed the panel is not screwed on. It is held on with little plastic pegs that seem to be melted in place. If I remove the radio can I get to the bulbs from the top?

I'm finally getting around to fixing the minor things and this one is next.

Thanks for any help.
Brian

Yes, if you remove the radio, you can access the socket for one #74 bulb. The socket is located to the right side of the panel, where the "defrost" selection is on the panel. The socket has a orange and black wire coming from it. 1/3 twist, and change out the bulb. Be careful because i have heard that the brittle plastic can break, but if your careful you should be fine. Good Luck.

Great, I just happen to have a bulb that fits. Now I will be able to find panel at night!

Thanks! :worship:

Brian

Back