• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

transfercase

nicksjeep

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys i need help. i have 2 problems. my xj wont go into 4lo, i found part of the linkage bent so i replaced it and it still wont go int 4lo it is just like it is in nuetral. prob #2 during this time i put 2" blocks in the rear witch added to my add-a-leaf. and know when i go in 4wd the yoke seems to be grabing something in the tcase"have a knocking sound". i have apox 4to 4.5 lift in the rear. do i need to lower the tcase or should i look for something else. any advise is helpful. thanks

hey guys i need help. i have 2 problems. my xj wont go into 4lo, i found part of the linkage bent so i replaced it and it still wont go int 4lo it is just like it is in nuetral. prob #2 during this time i put 2" blocks in the rear witch added to my add-a-leaf. and know when i go in 4wd the yoke seems to be grabing something in the tcase"have a knocking sound". i have apox 4to 4.5 lift in the rear. do i need to lower the tcase or should i look for something else. any advise is helpful. thanks

Try to shift it into 4 low from under the Jeep (on the T-case) see if it goes into gear... if not then theres something wrong with the t-case.

The second problem
I have no idea. LoL
What do you mean by "grabbing" something?

Knocking sound in the rear end or t-case?

thanks for the advise. the 4 lo was just an adjustment prob. i talked to a transmissions guy and he said that it could be the yoke is pulled out to far because of the lift and is hardly catching. what would be the best way without spending alot of cash. lowering tcase ? longer slip yoke? extend the driveshaft?

Back