• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lift kit question

FL. 2001 XJ

NAXJA Forum User
hey every one! Just wondering if any one could help me out on building a cheep lift to fit a 32 inch tire. I have had my 2001 jeep cherokee clasic for about a year. the control arms bushings are worn out and are making noise. I do not want to buy the factory crapy stapped steel control arms but, I am running on a cheap budget. I was looking at a tough country 3.5 lift on line. If I would install a 3.5 lift and then add the 2in blocks above the front springs and add the rear block to the existing add leafs would this work or be a bad idea?

No blocks on leaf springs :twak: Now before you get:flame: i would search,,, F A Q.. check it out.. Plus i wuld just buy a 4.5 lift with SPRING PACKS

No blocks on leaf springs :twak: Now before you get:flame: i would search,,, F A Q.. check it out.. Plus i wuld just buy a 4.5 lift with SPRING PACKS

X2!

Spend some time searching around on here for budget options that work. Avoid blocks and Add-A-Leafs, a bastard pack would be much better on the cheap.
I agree a 4.5" kit with full packs would probably be a better option. 3.5" is good, and will keep your COG down, as long as you don't mind trimming your fenders.
A kit with full springs is highly recommended! Even if it's a cheap kit like Rough Country, you will be better off than you would with the kit you're looking at.
If you must go cheaper, there are several junkyard options that would be better than that kit.
Just do some more :geek: so you don't end up regretting your decision.

Thanks for every ones info.
I found a rusty 4.5 lift for a reasonable price thinking about buying it.
any opinions on this lift

Please check out rough country, trust me.. This will make you much more happier...
If money is tight, like all of us...Do a search on here for Rough Country, great write up on the product and SERVICE they give..

Yes i run the 6.5 kit from them, i'm very happy with it

Rusty's coils, leafs and LCA all worked for me, but the tracbar broke twice and they would not replace it, shocks blew out really quick, I would recommend longer brake lines because at the 4.5" lift they get very tight.

Rusty's coils, leafs and LCA all worked for me, but the tracbar broke twice and they would not replace it, shocks blew out really quick, I would recommend longer brake lines because at the 4.5" lift they get very tight.

Springs great, tracbar sucks. If you go with this, order a couple extra tracbar ends to keep in your tool kit.

Back