• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cool Tool

RRT

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone seen / used this? I have one & used it twice at Naches. It is easy to use & allows you to replace rubber valve stems with removing tire from the vehicle or dismounting tire from wheel.

TireTool.jpg

They are about $60.00 from Matco Tools (part # (TV90) you can buy off the website & about 15 bucks less from Mac Tools BUT I have a lame Mac Tool rep that can't get me tools that I want. I have considered this a "Must Have" in my tool box. Just wanted to pass along the info.
Rick

Your such a PARTY POOPER!!! :wave1:

Ah now this makes more sense, no debeading required:

Rick says:
the funel allows you to push in a new stem from the out side
Rick says:
it pushes in pretty easy
Rick says:
with a little lube

I didn't modify anything there..... But this would end up in the Den very quickly..... :viking:

I could have really used one of those at NWF'08. I'd have been golden... And I wouldn't have had to figure out how to remove locking lug nuts without the key socket! Still erks me when I think about it...

I am trying to find it through OTC Tool company. If I can find it then your local NAPA store SHOULD be able to get these.

I am trying to find it through OTC Tool company. If I can find it then your local CarQuest store SHOULD be able to get these.

fixed

On a typical wheel I don't see this as a necessary item.
On a beadlock style wheel I can see this as a huge advantage.
Something I might consider adding to my tool box, even with VERY well protected stem's.

Michael

On a typical wheel I don't see this as a necessary item.
On a beadlock style wheel I can see this as a huge advantage.
Something I might consider adding to my tool box, even with VERY well protected stem's.

Michael

Time saving & effortless. If you used it one time, you would buy one. Not to wish bad things on anyone BUT if I am with some one & they rip a stem it would be a great demonstration.

Time saving & effortless.

I agree.
But with "standard" rims it doesn't take but a couple of minutes to de-bead the tire and put in a new stem (compared to the price tag of the tool).
With Bead Locks, it obviously gets much easier to justify the price tag compared with the time it takes to change the stem with traditional methods.

Just my opinion.
Michael

I am lazy & easily tired...
You are rambunctious & energetic (sp?):worship: & could probably change a tire with a star wrench faster than me with air tools!!!
That was a compliment!!

does it work pretty well on alum. rims where the stem is pretty far in the face of the wheel? our mac dealer showed this to us (we are super lame and don't even have a matco dealer even though i've called like 30 times to get one to come to our dealership cause a bunch of us have their tools.. anyways..) a while ago, but i didn't get one because gmc's like to have really tight valve stems. even with lube...hehe...

does it work pretty well on alum. rims where the stem is pretty far in the face of the wheel? our mac dealer showed this to us (we are super lame and don't even have a matco dealer even though i've called like 30 times to get one to come to our dealership cause a bunch of us have their tools.. anyways..) a while ago, but i didn't get one because gmc's like to have really tight valve stems. even with lube...hehe...

Used it on steel & aluminum wheels, both after market & had no issues. If your talking about the half metal & half rubber stems I have not tried it on those.

Back