• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Be careful out there. RIP.

Mr. Ninja

NAXJA Forum User
The following is from a news article. John has been a very close friend of mine for many years. We went to highschool together, played football together, worked together. He will be missed. This is a reminder to all of you to be careful. You don't want to leave your friends behind.

"An Issaquah man died Friday night while riding in a jeep on a popular trail off State Route 97 north of Ellensburg.

John Gary Danklefsen, 25, was riding with Thomas Zylstra, also 25, when the vehicle left the muddy road and rolled. The scene was near milepost 154.3.

Both occupants belonged to a jeep club camping near Liberty. Preliminary cause of death is blunt force trauma, Kittitas County Undersheriff Clayton Myers said in a news release issued early this morning. He said there was no indication of alcohol or drugs at the scene.

The area surrounding the accident is extremely muddy this time of year and popular with four-wheel enthusiasts."

RIP

That really sucks. This really is a dangerous hobby. Rodger's roll over has me making plans to at the very least install a roll bar behind the cab of my MJ.

RIP.

Very sorry to hear.

It'd be good to see more people out there look into cages as a primary upgrade on their Jeeps. I'm planning to put something into the WJ when I get it back. After seeing a crew mate do about 4 rolls in a 4 runner and seeing how lucky they were, I worry about my passengers safety during our rally events.

Very sorry to hear about this man, RIP.

~Scott

Very sad, condolences to all who knew him. I hope it was a freak accident and not because they were speeding around purposely fishtailing on muddy roads.:(

Sad thing to hear in the wheeling community. Our thoughts go out to the friends and families.

-Lyle

P.S. On the cage topic, stuff like this has me thinking more and more about the newly popular hybrid cages. If its going to save your ass and possibly that of others, the money is well spent.

Bern-

As you know, my thoughts and condolences are with you and John's family.. even though I hadn't met him. Keep your head up bro. I know what you're going through.

You should come bbq over here in Ballard tonight.

-Gus

dedicated wheelers know how it is to lose a loved one. I did not know this guy but it still hurts no matter what. wheelers are wheelers for life....

Back