• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Grand Cherokee seats into a Cherokee Sport

sbilbrey

NAXJA Forum User
Hello,

I have the opportunity to pick up a nice interior (seats) from a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Orvis Edition. Will this setup work in my 98 Cherokee Sport. I know there will be some wiring to do as far as the power options, but will the seats bolt in? Or, is this a common upgrade for XJs and there is a how-to somewhere?

Thanks,
Sammer

Hello,

I have the opportunity to pick up a nice interior (seats) from a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Orvis Edition. Will this setup work in my 98 Cherokee Sport. I know there will be some wiring to do as far as the power options, but will the seats bolt in? Or, is this a common upgrade for XJs and there is a how-to somewhere?

Thanks,
Sammer
Sammer,
The front seats will bolt right to your Cherokee's floor brackets. You literally need to separate the Grand Cherokee seat from its track and put it on your track. The rear seats require quite a bit of work. Search around on NAXJA here and you will find several posts by red01xj that detail putting Grand Cherokee rear seats in an XJ. Good luck!
-Collin

Not to hijack the thread, but since we are on the seat swap topic, I am thinking about selling my 88 limited, and wonder if those nice leather lazyboys will bolt into my 97 sport. I'll look around for an answer, but if anyone knows off the top of their head, could you enlighten me?

thanks beraad, I did find that it's not a direct swap... I will look into it, and see if I can fab up something. I'd love to trade them and sell the 88 with the 97 sport seats, and keep my comfy leathers.

Has anyone had any luck with this? I just picked up some ZJ seats already on the XJ sliders, but I want to get the recline, lumbar, and heaters working. Has anyone seen any write up on how to do this? I see a lot of forums posts here any there about the what will or wont bolt up to what, etc...but nothing on wiring things up.

To get all the toys working, you wiil obviously need power.

Check under the carpeting to see if the connectors are already there. Starting in 97 Jeep quit using more than one body harness. All connectors for all options should be where they belong. Know anyone with a ZJ manual? It will be find a schematic and wire as required.

I am really surprised. I did not think ZJ seats would fit. Will need to raid the local pull and pay for the leather I saw there yesterday.

Back