• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

More Problems... Please Please Please help!!!

go1lum

NAXJA Forum User
So at about 7:30 i fire my jeep up to go to class and runs fine. I start driving and then the thing :puke:. I don't understand. It will start back up and run for about 2 seconds and then just flat out dies. I can keep it going if put it to the floor. And it suddenly it won't even turn over when it is in park, only nutreal. Fuel pump kicks on when i turn the key on.
I don't know what this could be, fuel filter, map sensor?
I need this thing going it is my daily driver and i have already invested in about 600 in new parts in the last month i'm getting sick of it.
92 4.0 AW4 NP231

Only starting in neutral...
Try cleaning or replacing the NSS (Neutral Safety Switch). Do a search on here and you'll come up with a bunch of info on it. Very common problem.

As for the dying...
Have you replaced the O2 sensor? My brother had a very similar problem (cough/sputtered to the point of dying when cold and only stayed running when floored) and tried changing the TPS, coolant temp sensor, etc. and finally replaced the O2 sensor and it ran like new.

Back