• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift swap from 98xj to 94 Grand Cherokee

vtechthis

NAXJA Forum User
Im picking up a 94 grandcherokee tommorow for free and was wondering if my old RE 4.5" lift will fit on it. Just looking to see if the coils/leafs/ and trackbar will fit it.

Yeah I wouldn't do it... too much work... 98XJ > 94ZJ as it is... swap the seats over or whatever you like about the Zj to the XJ

ZJ springs usually give you anywhere from an inch to a inch and a half in lift.

That's what I was thinking. So taking a 4.5" XJ coil and putting it in a Grand would be a complete waste of time, especially since he has to buy everthing south of the drivers seat anyway.

Doing this would work fine. The coils, trackbar, UCA's and LCA's, shocks will work fine. The coils will give you baout 3.5 - 3" and all you need to do is put your stock front coils on to the rear which should net you the same amount of lift. IIRC you don't need a rear Trackbar, but you may need some quick disco's for the sway bar which you can do by yourself.

Is the zj a V8? if so, sell the xj. lift the zj with an IRO 6.5" lift and enjoy the luxury wheelin. Rear springs give better flex, v8 has better power, and the limiteds have a really nice interior. The ZJ is pretty much a more comfertable powerful XJ.

\all you need to do is put your stock front coils on to the rear which should net you the same amount of lift. IIRC you don't need a rear Trackbar, but you may need some quick disco's for the sway bar which you can do by yourself.

Yes, you can use the stock front coils in the rear for about 3-3.5" lift. Unless it's a V8 Grand, you will still get 4-4.5" from the front coils. You can add a spacer to the rear to level it out if needed. I have also found you will want to extend the upper rear spring tower if you need to use a spacer. If welding isn't an option, I think you can drill, tap, and install a front bumpstop here to get the needed length.

ZJs do have a rear trackbar that will need attention. IIRC they have enough room to drill a new hole and relocate it. In general, rear trackbars aren't as picky since it's not a steering axle, but you still want it centered.

All your front end parts including the shocks will bolt right up. You may have to play around with the rear bar pin/sleeve setup some for the rear shocks.

Unless you're towing or carrying a heavy load, just ditch the rear swaybar.

Last edited:
Back