• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Strange water leak

aussiewheeler

NAXJA Forum User
I have been having a problem with water leaks for a while now. I know I have some water leaking in from grommets that arent sealed properly ( i can fix just havent gotten around to it) But the real problem is I also have water literally pouring out of my heater box. Its not coolant becuase It is clear and doesn't taste like coolant. Im also pretty sure that its not water leaking in from the outside because it was also leaking in the summer when it hadnt rained for a long time. There also seems to be a connection between heater/ac use and the water leaking. So i am thinking it has to do with condensation inside the box. Is there a supposed to be a drain or something for this that could be clogged or ??

Thanks for help this leak is driving me nuts

Last edited:
In the summer i ran the AC and in the winter I have been running the heater. I have looked for a drain hose but have not had any luck?
Could the heater cause enough condensation to cause the water leak?

Thanks

Last edited:
In the summer i ran the AC and in the winter I have been running the heater. I have looked for a drain hose but have not had any luck?

Thanks
comes out very close to the passenger side upper control arm. also when in defrost mode the a/c cycles to remove moisture

If the water is clear than you have a clogged a/c drain. Even when you run the heater, in defost mode the a/c will operate.

Good Luck

Nick

Ok thanks guys, I found the drain and sure enough all 6 inches of it were packed with crap. When I pulled it off probably half a cup of water came out.
Thanks again

If the elbow is missing it shouldn't matter either, it'll just drain over the unibody rail and inside of it instead of around it.. That isn't probably what's clogged anyway. Probably more inside. I suppose you could try a pipe cleaner through that orifice too.

Back