• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Value of wrecked 97 Cherokee

Heb80

NAXJA Forum User
A coworker had a tree fall on his jeep while he was driving. The damage is to the fender, hood, headlight, and windsheild. It has 158k miles on it. The insurance company has said it is totalled. He can buy it back from the insurance company for $700, and so he offered it to me. I haven't seen it but I was thinking of fixing the necessary stuff and making it into a winter beater. I can pound a fender and hood back into shape, but a windsheild is a different story, especially if the A-pillar is bent.

Is it worth it?

For $700 you could make it a convertible, beat the snot out of it, trail rig if the a-pillars are busted. Or you could buy it and part it out over ebay and make some money on it...

Heb80 said:
A coworker had a tree fall on his jeep while he was driving. The damage is to the fender, hood, headlight, and windsheild. It has 158k miles on it. The insurance company has said it is totalled. He can buy it back from the insurance company for $700, and so he offered it to me. I haven't seen it but I was thinking of fixing the necessary stuff and making it into a winter beater. I can pound a fender and hood back into shape, but a windsheild is a different story, especially if the A-pillar is bent.

Is it worth it?

So... if you do buy it and part it out, what shape are the fender flares in? would it happen to be "flame red" color by chance? I'm missing my passenger side rear flare and would be happy to become your first parts customer!

Back