• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thanksgiving at TSF PIC THREAD

nightfoam

NAXJA Forum User
I guess I'm the first person ready with pictures so I'll start a thread for them.
I rode up with my buddy Casey is his '04 Tacoma Friday afternoon. At that point it was just Dustin(Torx) and Rod (mojojojo) in camp. We did a quick run up Hoodraiser and Hogsback then headed for fuel then back to camp. Later in the eveing when Nick, Terry, other Nick, and Rodger shower up we went out for a night run. Those aren't so good for pictures so I didn't get much. We hit Hogsback, Archers Firebreak, Rocky Uphill (going down), Rod ran Canopener (most of the way) and Rodger made it up Waterfall.

The group

lihgts.jpg

Rod's muddy 4x4 logo

4x4.jpg

Saturday morning, so many people showed up we ended up splitting into three or four groups. The group that Casey and I ended up in was led by Dustin and also included NAXJA member Doyle, along with his friends in the Unimog and a Range Rover (right?) We also had with us Steve in a LR D90 and (other) Ryan in his caged Sammy. We headed first for Cedar Tree after a short section of Powerline.

We stopped briefly because the zuk couldn't get his 4wheel drive engaged, gave me a chance for a partial group shot

groupa.jpg

We then headed for the tree
Dustin

Dustintree.jpg

Casey

caseytree.jpg

Steve

stevetree.jpg

The Range Rover wouldn't fit underneath

rrtree.jpg

Not the Unimog either

mogtree.jpg

Doyle

doyletree.jpg

Rear wheel drive wasn't hardly a problem

sammytree.jpg

dustinflexing.jpg

Dustin then lead us up Firebreak Five

dustinFB5.jpg

Steve knew his Defender VERY well and handled everything like a champ. I never saw him even close to trouble

steveFB5.jpg

We had to wait a while for some traffic on the long rocky uphill section of FB5

dustinFB5waiting.jpg

The sun was trying to break through the clouds but never quite made it

sunFB5.jpg

The group hanging out, still waiting...

groupb.jpg

Steve marched right up first incase we needed to winch anybody, we did. After the previous rig took ten minutes to get past this spot, Steve went right up in under two minutes.

steveFB5obs.jpg

The Range Rover wasn't quite so lucky but with some fairly slick street tires he made a great run before allowing to be winched past the rock

rrcrunch1.jpg

He put this dent in his door and snapped off his CB antenna.

rrcrunch2.jpg

The Range Rover again a little further up the hill

rrFB5.jpg

Towards the top of that section of FB5

sammyFB5.jpg

Stever weaving his way around some trees

steveFB5top.jpg

A black Range Rover joined us while we were part way up FB5

blrrFB5.jpg

The mog weaving its way through the forest as the clouds hang out just above our heads

mogFB5.jpg

On our way back to camp we took Powerline. We could see these Jeeps from a few hilltops away.

jeepspowerline.jpg

And one more of the Unimog on Powerline

mogpowerline.jpg

Thanks for the good mog photos!

Had a great time with you guys, thanks for letting us come along. Grew up in being carted around in an XJ so its all good.

The Red Rover, Paul, actually runs a decent offroad tread (the black rover had the street tires).

We have additional photos I will post up as well.

Later!

-Brandon
1965 404.1 Unimog Radiobox

Damn, that is one hell of a nice scratch. Great pictures.
rrcrunch2.jpg

Hey brandon is was great wheeling with you guys, we all had lots of fun.

Thanks for the compliments, I guess not driving allows me more opportunity to take better pictures. I've just started uploading video, I shot 68 minutes worth so I'll try to whittle that down to something useable

Thanks everyone for the awesome turn out and another kickass run! I think we broke the attendance record on this one. splitting into 3 large groups Saturday with somewhere around 20 rigs was not what i expected, but worked out great. my only regret was not getting to wheel with everyone. Here are my pictures and a few videos. When i get Jessie's USB cord i will post up more. She got a lot of good stuff !

Pulled into camp around 1030 Thursday night. Pitch black, cold, wet, foggy and being greeted by the only other guy in the woods (with a gun) we were off to a wonderful start to the weekend. so we did what any other freeked out person would do.... we built a huge fire, climbed in the back of the durango and began consuming beer. Dustin showed up to save us around 1am.
100_1288.jpg

Friday was pretty much a lazy day. cant remember who it was but a XJ and a yota stopped by to see when we were heading out and decided to go on there own, rather than wait for our lazy butts. a short while later (Ryan) Nightfoam showed up with his buddy Casey in the Tacoma. after sitting around for a long time staring at the fire and shaking off the cobwebs we decided to go out on a lil warm-up run. hoodraiser to hogs back then back to camp for some food and beverage.

here is Casey on hogsback doin a lil 3wheelin'.

The night run....

Getting ready....
100_1294.jpg

scoping out rocky "downhill". this ended up being pretty much a stand on the brakes and slide to the bottom type of thing.
100_1302.jpg

Dustin did a great job spotting us through in the pitch black.

So saturday we got up early headed in to fuel up and then back to camp to pick teams.

My group consisted of myself, Marc (95heep), yourconfusedhaha, his buddy in the sammy, one of there dads in his XJ, Terry (JuniorXJ).....i think that was all ? and sorry i suck with names.

anyway we stopped and checked out mini rubi. which only the Sammy was confident enough to try for the first obsticle.

Needless to say he was denied due to the lack of traction curtious of good ol' tsf.

then it was on to do a lil powerline alot of gravil road and then FB5...

Marc havin a lil traction issue

he eventually found some

This guy ended up sheering off the drain plug on his radiator creating a huge hole that could not be repaired easily....his day was done :(

we stopped for a lil break at the rock garden but with all of our past issues in it we opted to watch out new friends instead.
100_1316.jpg

my shudder didn't open on this video, but it still turned out ok....i think.
http://www.youtube.com/v/9w-Rpdk1VRo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param

after finishing FB5 we were going to head into crushers to check it out and came upon "the craigslist stuck for 5 days XJ" being strapped out by a buggy while the owner was hiking in to try one last time to recover it.
100_1317.jpg

this thing has deffinately seen better days....

100_1322.jpg

we then started splitting up and drove most of powerline back to camp. where we were eventually greeted by one of the other groups returning with Rogers new mods to his XJ.
100_1324.jpg

Last edited:
pics will be up soon. uploading to my PC now then have to upload to photobucket. soon i promise.

later on everyone left decided it was night run time again. for me it was a quick shot to see if i could out do the sammy on mini rubi (which i failed miserably at) then back to camp to drowned my sorrows.

100_1337.jpg

Jessie has a lot more pics that i will try and get up tomorrow eve. Thanks again for another great run !

Back