• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trac Bar Bracket!!

postalxj

NAXJA Forum User
So if this is a repost. But my ***** trac bar is wallowing out the axle end hole. I welded a plate on the front of the bracket and it helped for a few months and now its back wallowed out again :gonnablow Has any one cut the old bracket of and weld a new one on from RE ( I see that they offer a trac bar bkt ) I do have the RE 4.5 lift but not the HD trac bar witch i don't think it would make a diff on the f-fing bkt. I dont want to drill a new hole and weaken the bkt. I also put a new bolt and nut from jeep in the dam thing after the new plate was welded.
:helpme:

Last edited by a moderator:
Most drill a new hole to move the mount over a little to help keep the axle centered. It won't weaken the bracket. If the bolt stays tight, it won't wallow out the whole.

Chill out on the language, man. I get that you're frustrated, but this isn't the place for it.

To add to Richard's comments, not only do you need the bolt to be tight, but the right size helps a bunch as well. Something else that you might want to consider is finding a hard washer in the right size, and tacking that on the front side. I drove mine that way for a couple of years before I went to an over the axle bracket.

Well, somehting to point out is when i added my RE1660 track bar ( used to have the non super flex joint one with a heim on the upper end, now i have the 1660 with a 1" coupler extension, super flex joint, and the RE1665 bracket for it) and i had to drill out the hole on the axle end in order to get it to fit.

ChiXJeff, were did you buy your over-axle bracket? Did you have to buy a straight track bar? I've noticed theres not much room on top of the axle since I have the controll arm mount there, any way around that or is that ok? Thanks!!

I'm runnin JCR 1-ton OTK and previously had the same track bar problem. I noticed the bolt was smaller than the hole in the bushing, I drilled the brackets hole to fit a bolt with the same diameter on the bushing and I tightened it really good. Fixed it for me.

Oh, absolutely, you have to go with a much shorter trackbar with an OAB bracket. At the time, I got it through Kevin's Offroad, it was an ORGS product. Now, you can get the same stuff from JKS Manufacturing (they bought ORGS Mfg.)

Nope. It welded on pretty nicely.

Look under fab parts, adjustable track bar kits. You will also require a modified frame end bracket, which I don't see on their site. You'd need to modify your current frame end bracket with a u-bracket for a horizontal joint.

Back