• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What is this wire ending behind my bumper?

Bronco

NAXJA Forum User
What is this wire ending behind my bumper?

I just put a new bumper on yesterday and I had to move a split loom that was running from the passenger frame rail out to about the middle of the jeep. At the end it had an OEM looking plug terminal with two contacts.
I have an 98 sport. I'm wondering if it's wiring for the OEM fog lights. This one did not come with them). If so would I just need a switch in the dash to use the circuit? Anyone know?
:patriot:

Cool. That's what I was hopping. Does anyone know for sure if that is what this wire is? Also anyone have a pic of the OEM fog light switch?

If the wire ends in the middle of the front cross member, it is for the temp sensor on the optional overhead console. Adding fog lamps is not plug and play by adding lamps and a switch. You need the install kit from Jeep that includes an addition to the stock wire harness.

Back