• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Running MJ Springs in an XJ

2000bluexj

NAXJA Forum User
This probably should be in advanced tech, but i cant post in there until i buy a membership. This is for those of you running MJ leafs in the back of their XJ. I know the front hanger will have to moved forward 3 inches. I would like to see some pictures of your front hangers to get an idea of how to do mine. Thanks

I used a front spring hanger from a circle track car, since it was easy to get from a local race shop, Victory Circle. It's designed to mount vertically, which allows for anti-squat adjustment on a circle track car, but I mounted it horizontally. You can use anything to make the mount, but this made it easy. Since it's welded to the small protrusion from the original mount, it leaves room behind the new mount to put the nut on the end of the bolt. It was also easier on mine because I was able to weld one end to the rock rail mounts. Mine is moved forward 3" in the front, and I made a boomerang shackle to handle the 2" in the rear.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

I have learned a lot from your threads and pics on that site. i was just wondering why he's going to mj main. he built a pack in dodge van thread he created,and last pic posted had excellent flex. maybe he wants more lol?

Yeah, I only used the MJ main leaf. It's a bastard pack underneath that based on a Chevy 1/2 ton spring pack.

I just need more tavel. The van leave works, but i had to add leafs in there to keep my same height. Im gunna try the HD Offroad shackle relocators and see how much that helps. Otherwise i think im going to do the mj pack.

Bringing this back from the dead. I might try to build another paqck based with the van main. Either MJ springs underneath, or Xj leaves underneath. I dont have a soft pack because of the number of leaves in there. Im gunna try the relocator with this as well so that i can use all the travel without hitting the shackle boxes.

Back