• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Replacing calipers... which will fit?

CharlieMopps

NAXJA Forum User
I'm going to do the WJ booster upgrade on my 1989XJ. My calipers are pretty shabby and I'll probobly break off one of the bleeder valves when I try and bleed the system. So I figure while I'm looking for the booster, I might as well get some calipers to.

What would be the best (junkyard) caliper I could put onto a 1989 XJ with very minimal modification. Only Cherokee calipers? If so, can I put on a newer model caliper? Like from a 2000 or so? Would they be any better? It looks like I can get them for $10/each on car-part.com

If there's another vehicles calipers that would fit without modification and would be better, I'd be interested in that as well. But all I've read about is WJ calipers and I don't want to buy new knuckles.

Thanks!

I don't think there is anything but the regular old XJ/ZJ caliper that will mount up easily and I wouldn't recommend junkyard parts here... No guarantee of them being any better than what you've got. Use your current junk for the cores and get some remanufactured units...

Back