• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BDS-Suspension Questions? Info? Genius?

tonofclay2

NAXJA Forum User
OK so I saw an add for their Cherokee suspension in a magazine so I checked it out at bds-suspension.com. I got very interested when I saw that the long-arm system is a true 4-link and the control arms mount to a custom cross member. Where they mount even seems to be inside the frame rails similiar to tnt's y-arm. Further investigation also weilded that they have a sweet adapter to flip the steering stabalizer and trac-bar.

Before I start saving for the long-arm upgrade I wondered if anybody has installed this system, knows anybody whose installed it, seen it in person, whatever information will get me more informed.

Thanks for the help

I can't offer any personal experience, but I have never heard a bad thing about BDS products, and plus, they have an awesome warranty. It does look to be a nice kit, as far as I'm able to tell... I'm sure people here have more hands-on experience that can be offered...so if nothing else, consider this a free bump ;)

I can't offer any personal experience, but I have never heard a bad thing about BDS products, and plus, they have an awesome warranty. It does look to be a nice kit, as far as I'm able to tell... I'm sure people here have more hands-on experience that can be offered...so if nothing else, consider this a free bump ;)

x2 on not having personal experience, but their warranties kick ass. buddy broke a leaf spring and they replaced no questions asked and he had it within a week.

i got it .. iwent from the re 3.5 to the bds 6.5... wow what a differance flexes like mad.. first time off road it scared the bejesus outta me .. i installed it myself.. it took 2 days.. ran into a couple of problems with the old stuff comin off the kit went in nice though.. bds says 33'' with no trimming.. i had some light rubbing ..and ended up trimming the rears a bit. spend the money it is a very good kit..
IMG_0940.jpg

Only thing I've ever heard off BDS's that broke was my Tracbar, but to their credit they fedexed me a new one and I was only down for 2 days. I'd do buisness with them again for sure.

I got the BDS 4.5" kit and love it. Very high quality components, great springs with the right rates, shocks valved for the light weight of the Cherokee, service, support and warranty are first rate. When I got my kit it had the old style track bar. I called them and they shipped out a new one ASAP thru the retailer where I bought it. Great quick disconnects too.

Right when I got the lift installed:
dscn3305.jpg

Driving on the biggest thing I could find in the pasture:
p1010120.jpg

i got it .. iwent from the re 3.5 to the bds 6.5... wow what a differance flexes like mad.. first time off road it scared the bejesus outta me .. i installed it myself.. it took 2 days.. ran into a couple of problems with the old stuff comin off the kit went in nice though.. bds says 33'' with no trimming.. i had some light rubbing ..and ended up trimming the rears a bit. spend the money it is a very good kit..
IMG_0940.jpg

Sweet ride man, I have always liked the Xterrains, I went with the X mud terrain and love them too!

Is yours the long arm kit? With the johnny joints at the cross-member http://www.bds-suspension.com/pdfs/014653-4.pdf figure 20-22? This link also shows the best shot of what I was talking about with the trac-bar/steering stabalizer: fig 30-31; steps 76-80.

So from what I can tell, I think I can see, yes I think your kit came with the HD trac bar system http://www.bds-suspension.com/pdfs/124611.pdf
If that be true and your runnin it, what do you think of the idea to move the trac bar on top of the axle. From what I can tell its quite revolutionary, as most of us have the trac bar shapped like this _/``, where there are two bends to allow droop and compression (I have Rusty's 6-8" lift set-up). The BDS is /``, with only one bend to attach to the top of the axle.

Thanks for the input

Back