• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Muff!

Mudderoy

NAXJA Forum User
Ordered from Summit Racing and had installed today...

JeepNewMufflerCat.jpg

Nice rumble and not too loud. Mudderoy like.

Flowmaster Extreme Off-Road Series Mufflers (Super 44 on the box)
MagnaFlow Direct-Fit Catalytic Converters

Thanks!

I'm not sure. I had the stock muffler on the XJ for the last 10 years. I can only compare it to that. :(

Looks great, and also looks like it can take some abuse. Enjoy the sound of that beautiful 4.0 :)

You can tell it's tougher than the sheet metal of a stock muffler. That is 14 gauge diamond plate.

very nice i was going to get that one but it is a little more expencive so i just got the super 44 it does sound good even with a cracked header...

very nice i was going to get that one but it is a little more expencive so i just got the super 44 it does sound good even with a cracked header...

I replaced the header about ahhh 6 months ago now.

I had a crack in the pipe between the cat and the muff. I repaired that "temp" then ordered the new cat and muffler.

Strange thing now, I don't have this massive vibrations at 70 mph +

I'll have to wait and see but the new cat and muffler may have smoothed things out. I was keeping it at 70 for gas mileage and due to the vibrations.

I was 80 mph and 3000 rpm all the highway miles home. It was nice.

Looks kinda familiar, but with better looking welds:
DSC01433.jpg

Who makes the cat?

Cat.... muff....... hahahahahaha

Yep, I'm pretty sure it was your post that made me want to get this muffler.

Lol, makes since to get it, if your going to spend $100(?) on a muffler, might as well be one that you aren't going to crush first rock you hit it on.

$89 for the muffler and $113 for the catalytic converter. An amazing $12 for shipping!

This was from Summit. I wonder why this one was so much more.

Because you bought the direct fit one instead of the universal. Universals don't have the bung for the O2 sensor.

Mudderoy, is that a O2 sensor I see behind your cat? If so then that is the big difference. Mine never had the O2 sensor there to begin with, I think mine are up by the Manifold cats(at least thats what I think those are).

Because you bought the direct fit one instead of the universal. Universals don't have the bung for the O2 sensor.

Thanks for the answer. Yep, after I ordered it I was concerned it wouldn't have an O2 receptacle. I was pleasantly surprised when I received it and it had one. Chalk another one up to dumb luck.

That's pretty schweet, I will definately consider it... Just hope the diamond plate steel isn't just a gimmick...

The guy who owned the muffler shop that installed mine was impressed by it. It weighs about 12 pounds, and as I said above, it is 14 gauge diamond plate. When you rap your knuckles on it you can tell it is much tougher than the stock muffler. :D

Back