• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HELP! my power windows quit

plowboy1978

NAXJA Forum User
Thanks in advance for any help i get on here. I am on here a lot but never post that much. I rolled my windows down on on my jeep and they stoped working completly. I have already searched here and every where and can't find anything that works. i shorted out the lock switch and i know my motors on the window are fine b/c i can roll them up and down by hooking them straight to the batt. My locks still work but nothing else. i checked voltage and only have one hot wire coming into the switch and that works the locks. Please help me i am going crazy on this.:gonnablow

I have a newer '99, but on mine if the drivers side door cables are unplugged, it's as if they are always locked. I'd check the cable going into the door, and also the plugs on the inside under the dash (but your's might be different).
After that I'd check the fuses, and make sure the plugs on the fuse block are tight too.
Also check the resistance on all those wires from the inside to the door side, cause they can break inbetween from bending around every time you open and close the door, and might not be that easy to spot.
Beyond that I don't know enough about the older years to help much. Good luck.

Back