• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Track Bar

chelms27

NAXJA Forum User
Is an adjustable track bar or different LCA's necessary for a 3" homebrew lift? I have a 2" now, and think the front axle seems to be more to the passenger side than it was before?

Lifting your jeep would cause the axle to move to the driver's side, unless you lengthen the track bar. Remove the track bar from the axle, center the axle under the jeep with the jeep setting on the ground--full weight on the springs/tires--then put the track bar back. If the mount holes do not line up, that's telling you how much longer your track bar needs to be in order to center the axle. You could leave it where it is, buy an adjustable track bar, or redrill the mount hole in the axle bracket.

chelms27 said:
Is an adjustable track bar or different LCA's necessary for a 3" homebrew lift? I have a 2" now, and think the front axle seems to be more to the passenger side than it was before?

Hello Chelms27,

I lifts my XJ 3", I have no problem with my stocks.

:peace: out Friends,

CherokeeXJ1996

Back