• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

When do we want NWFest?

When should we have NWFest?

• June 19th-21st

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • June 26th-28th

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • July 3rh-5th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • July 10th-12th

• July 17th-19th

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • July 24th-26th

• Too early to tell

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • A different time

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
end-ish of June would be best for me.

~Scott

I would say middle to end of July, especially if you plan on it being at Naches. This way the Wagon trail is open. It provides another fun, easy trail that is family friendly and has some cool historical stuff with it.
My .02
-Ryan

This way the Wagon trail is open. It provides another fun, easy trail that is family friendly and has some cool historical stuff with it.
My .02
-Ryan
That's a great idea, Ryan. July 15 is when it reopens from the West side, but from what I understand, it's legal to wheel it from the Naches side year 'round. Correct me if I'm wrong (anybody?)

-----Matt-----

That's a great idea, Ryan. July 15 is when it reopens from the West side, but from what I understand, it's legal to wheel it from the Naches side year 'round. Correct me if I'm wrong (anybody?)

-----Matt-----

No, you're right. Only the West side of Naches trail closes (basically from the Cabin, West) from Nov. 15 to July 15.

I would say middle to end of July, especially if you plan on it being at Naches. This way the Wagon trail is open. It provides another fun, easy trail that is family friendly and has some cool historical stuff with it.
My .02
-Ryan

Its going to be hot as hell, but not like it wont be in June either... Sounds like a good plan to me! I was only involved in one day of wheeling to the funny rocks last year, but that would be sweet to get to see more of what naches has to offer.

-Lyle

P.S. Im glad you plan to stick with the group and attend events Ryan. If Jeremys rig sells and all else fails, feel free to jump in shotgun with me anytime...that is if you dont mind riding with an 18yr old newbie :D.

No, you're right. Only the West side of Naches trail closes (basically from the Cabin, West) from Nov. 15 to July 15.

How long is that trail? If we do go while the West half of the trail is still closed, is the East half of the trail worth the time? Are there any other advantages to going in mid-July?

BTT

Are we ready to set a date?
I think we need to get this done ASAP so we can start making reservations and plans accordingly.

Any other input from others?

Are we set with the location as Naches? Any other input?

Michael

BTT

Are we ready to set a date?
I think we need to get this done ASAP so we can start making reservations and plans accordingly.

Any other input from others?

Are we set with the location as Naches? Any other input?

Michael

Yeah...wait till after august 22nd so i can bring my jeep and actually wheel it with you guys! :spin1:

But i like being co-pilot, saves my lots of gas money!

-PJ-

Sooner the better on the decision. My work requires that I turn in vacation requests on a first come first serve basis starting Jan. 1st.

Bear in mind that if we wait until the end of July or later that a burn-ban will likely be in full effect. Camping without fires sucks.

My .02
-Ryan

I'd like to see some of the historical sites while we are over there this year in addition to some good wheeling. What can be expected in the historical areas?

Back