• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OME question

FlexdXJ

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
If i go with a 3 inch kit will i need an adj. trackbar. I have noticed the 3 inch kit is only 20 bucks more than the 2 inch kit

I have the same kit and I would definitely recommend getting a new track bar. I have an adjustable JKS...

Haha cool i literally just PM'd you about that Thanks man!. Damn it looks like the ole tax check is going toward the Jeep AGAIN!

Yes Sir you will need a adjustable track bar... Save yourself some money and time , buy a heavy duty one.. Trust me your be glad you did..

Good Luck

Nick

go 3", and make sure you get the long travel shocks.
as for the track bar, I like Kevin's off road... as it has the bend to clear the front diff cover on smaller lifts, and a spherical bushing... It's a JKS with the tie rod removed and a new bracket... it's as double shear as the iron rock unit...
http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/jkstrackbars.html
The link to the one above (iron rock) is shaped similr to RE's, and at 3" lift it'll bind on the diff cover... it really needs the stock type bend.

They do not hit the diff at all i have the bar on a 3" lift. the bend isn't like re's either..it's more like tera's tre bar..which doesnt hit either and the bracket pushes it out a little also.just to clear up the bad info being put out!

I am thinking of just doing the 2 inch since i won't have the money for OME shocks just yet. My RE shocks are gonna have to work for a while. I'll just add spacers and shackles and go for 4 inches later on when i can afford control arms, drop brackets, SYE etc.

About this trackbar...
Why not just trim the axle bracket a little, and move the hole about a 1/2 inch inboard. Then you can use the stock trackbar, and can get a replacement most anywhere. It's certainly a good mod at 3", and works will all brands of lifts.

Edit: Builder- On a small lift, with proper trimming of the axle bracket, I have not seen where the down limit of the suspension has been caused by the stock track bar. If you do not trim the bracket, the axle end will be a limiting factor.

Last edited:
About this trackbar...
Why not just trim the axle bracket a little, and move the hole about a 1/2 inch inboard. Then you can use the stock trackbar, and can get a replacement most anywhere. It's certainly a good mod at 3", and works will all brands of lifts.

Edit: Builder- On a small lift, with proper trimming of the axle bracket, I have not seen where the down limit of the suspension has been caused by the stock track bar. If you do not trim the bracket, the axle end will be a limiting factor.

Yeah i could do that but i'll mainly be doing this so i can go up a couple more inches in the future and far better strength over the stock track bar. I plan on buying new a new tie rod, drag link, hubs, tierod ends and all that stuff anyways. Its almost 12 years old so i'm sure most of it will need replaced soon anyways. Might as well make it a little overkill!

Back