• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Heater-

99xj4x4

NAXJA Forum User
Posted in OEM w/ no luck so Ill try here...

Ok background.... I took my entire dash out to cage my XJ and my friend helped me out by putting it back in. My problem started after it was reinstalled. All of the grounds have been moved to the cage and Im pretty sure they should all good.

Problem... My heaters not working correctly. It does work occasionally and seems to cut in and out on bumps, but only sometimes. I just figured out that my head lights also effect how the heater works. If the lights are off I can hear a buzzing coming from the blower under the dash on the passenger side, soon as I flip the parking or headlights on (with the stock switch) the buzzing stops, and thats when the heater will work on and off and bumps seem to affect it.
All of the lights on the panel for the ac/heater flicker on and off too.
If the heater switch is on the 'on' position and the head lights are off and the XJ is off all of the lights on the panel for the ac/heater stay on until I switch the heater switch to the off position, then they go off.

What the hell!:twak: Any ideas?

All the symptoms seem to point to poor grounding. Install more grounding wires from the unibody to the dash. Put an extra ground wire from the unibody directly to the fan negative connection.

Hmm gounding issue, what about your cage is it tied into the gound buss and how so? and are your wires on the chassis of the cage? I have more grounds than I need on my jeep but I know that if one should fail I will still be ok. I have two to chassis and two to Engine with one tying them together at the stock points just with 2 AWG marine grade stuff.

Back