• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another steering problem

Americanpower

NAXJA Forum User
Hi
I have a 1988 Jeep Cherokee, 4 inch budget lift (2inch spacer+GC V8 coils, 2inch blocks and AAL) RE adj trackbar, RockKrawler HD trackbar bracket, stock LCA and UCA.I have a small play in the steering but I can live with it. The problem is, when I'm on the highway,sometimes the truck want to go left and right for no reason and its very hard to get back. When this happen, the little 'play' in the steering is like 10 times worst, and it comes back to normal, than does that again. My P-S pump just begin to do some sound when I turn the wheels but I don't think its the only cause of the problem.
Sorry for my english.

Check your trackbar. Same thing happeneded to me.

Realized the bolt was too small for the mount at the frame end, but the right size for the johnny joint from JKS. Gotta weld it up and redrill it now. :doh:

I had to redrill the hole of the RockKrawler bracket to the same size as the johnny joint hole of the RE trackbar for the bigger bolt.
I just found out that the lower bushing(the one on the diff) has a little play in it. I can see the bolt moving when I turn the steering wheel.

Is it rubber? They tend to squish and give just a little. Mine's brand new with the correct size bolt and still has a little give.

How are your control arm angles? With stock arms, that seems like quite a bit of lift to have.

Back