• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

leaning badly

AZRockRunner

Nobody
ok, I finally got the jeep sitting on her new axles and lift.
I have installed a Rustys 4.5" with a complete steering upgrade.
Rebuilt D30 with 410 gears and Lunchbox locker with a cable activated Disconnect.
Ford 8.8 rear with 410 and limited slip.
My issue is that when lowered onto the suspension for the 1st time, it is leaning BADLY in the passanger front. It almost looks like the coil is smaller than it should be.
I am going to remove the coils next weekend to measure for sure, but has anyone else had this issue? I have never lifted a vehicle by myself before so this is all a new experience for me.
I have posted pics on photobucket for your review and thoughts.

Thanks

http://s100.photobucket.com/albums/m17/RockRunner127/?sc=1&addtype=local

was one side easier to put in than the other. like the ealry bronco they have a lean like that too but you might wanna try and drive it around alittle and see if it clears

uhm, well I had a friend put that side on. it was to much of a PITA to try and line up the control arms solo. he has done his own lift and he thinks that it is weird for that to happen.
P.S. Cant drive it around yet. its only sitting on the ford 8.8 leaf perches. there not welded yet and no brakes or drive shaft and all those things that they say ya need.

what spring pad? I dont remember seeing a spring pad on either side?

then no, the isolator things are still in there like they were.

question???? if the rear leaf in the left rear is EXTREMELY stiff and tall right now, wouldnt that push the right front lower? Maybe I should get some weight in the rear to sit there for a bit.
What do you think??

i have a rustys 4.5 spring pack kit and i lean slightly to the pass side. im thinking of ACOS spacers in the future. were the shackle bolts tightened with the vehicle in the air or on the ground? that may affect it.

I hung the rear leafs about 6 weeks ago and tightened them in the air.
I also just remembered that when we were lowering the rear onto the leaf perches, that the drivers side was on there and the pass side was still up alot.
I am now thinking that either the shackle is flipped on the drivers side or something.
BTW, why would it matter if the bolts were tightened in the air or not?

your suppose to torque the shackles once it is on the ground with weight on em.

Have you taken it for a spin? When I did a friends lift about a month ago it sat uneven even after sitting it on the ground and rocking it by hand. After she drove it a few miles it leveled out and now sits perfect.

well, then I guess I will jack it up and loosen them, lower and retighten them and see what happens.
Thanks for all the input, I will defiantley update as soon as I can get out there to work on it. I am working on it at a friends house since he has a LARGE covered work area and its not a DD.

update!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just incase anybody is still following this. I checked today and the drivers side shackle was forward and the passanger side was back. Also, the drivers side rear leaf is slightly more arched than the passanger side. I was able to shake it up and down ALOT and it is already starting to level out.

So, morol of the story, DONT PANIC, they might lean!!!!!

Thanks for all the input guys.

RockingAz said:
update!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just incase anybody is still following this. I checked today and the drivers side shackle was forward and the passanger side was back. Also, the drivers side rear leaf is slightly more arched than the passanger side. I was able to shake it up and down ALOT and it is already starting to level out.

So, morol of the story, DONT PANIC, they might lean!!!!!

Thanks for all the input guys.

LOL, I did the same thing in the beginning too. :shhh:

Back