• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

89 6Cyl4.0Valve Cover?

RVCA

NAXJA Forum User
I have an 89 XJ and cannot locate a new 6 cyl 4.0 valve cover ... there are alot of 93 - 00 and 83 - 97 but nothing inbetween. Can n e of these replace the one i need?
n e leads? thanks

RVCA said:
I have an 89 XJ and cannot locate a new 6 cyl 4.0 valve cover ... there are alot of 93 - 00 and 83 - 97 but nothing inbetween. Can n e of these replace the one i need?
n e leads? thanks
Any 4.0 (1987-2001) valve cover will work for your 89. If you use an 87-90 you won't have to change anything. If you use a 91-95 you will just have to change the CCV hoses that come out. If you use a 96-01 you will have to get the "reusable composite gasket" with the valve cover. I personally run a 98's on my 1990 and love it. However, some argue that the older cast covers (87-95) are better than the newer ones. I see it both ways, I'm just a big fan of trying to be a 97+ poser.
My .02
-Collin
Quick pic here...you can't see it real well but this is what a 98's looks like. Like I said I like the way these newer ones look, but to each their own.
EngineShot.jpg

Last edited:
Back