• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hidden Switch Location

Secshunate

NAXJA Forum User
Ever wanted to have a completely hidden toggle switch for something?
I wanted such a switch for my air horns cuz they are not exactly legal here.
I found such a good spot I wanted to share it.

To flip the switch, you have to put your finger into the parking brake slot.

yvqz4k.jpg

I used those plastic clips that are usually found on trim for a near invisible look inside the center console.

yvqz4j.jpg

Cool huh? :gee:

that is pretty cool, that sucks that you cant have air horns i replaced my crappy stock horns with some:)

is there a noise limit or sumthin there?

I like it! Same place where I have my radar detector switch... stick your finger past the parking brake fur and there it is. I went with pole type toggle switch though, which requires more pressure to throw. What did you use to secure your mounting bracket to the box? I used JB weld and it failed once, but its been holding since I did some heavy scuffing.

As for horns I used those Hella orange ring horns.. they are hella loud..

my gf got me some dual tone cheapo depot ones, theyre loud and i kinda like them. but once i go OBA im gonna upgrade to truck horns

is there a noise limit or sumthin there?

BINGO! -- I plan to get busted with it eventually but the fine is only $85 then I show them it's removed...then put it back on.

What did you use to secure your mounting bracket to the box?

It's those plastic push fasteners that never come out. I drilled four holes through and pushed them though from the inside. I chose them because they would lie flat on the inside of the box (as seen in the pic)

As for the horns, they are a quad "train horn" setup I got from Ebay. I mounted them to the front plate right below the radiator. It still leaves about an inch of clearance between horns and pullies. I ran the 3/8" hose as descretely as possible too. Along the left frame rail with the other lines and then up through a grommet under the rear seat. I'm running them off my CO2 Powertank

Last edited:
Who makes an air horn that sounds and is as loud as the horns on 18 wheelers? Oh and it had to fit my XJ under the hood. I want one of those bad. Especially for the people in the fast lane driving slow while talking on the cell phone. I'm looking up the Hella now.

Did you make the poker table? That is the same cloth that I used when I built my neighbors table.

Back