• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift size

The Box

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, sorry for the lame question. I have been searching for days and haven't found the info I need to make a decision.

I am torn between the Rock Krawler 6.5" and RE 5.5" coils. I will be running 33's and want to sit around 5.5". The issue is that my front bumper is probably between 100-150 lbs. plus the 9K lb winch.

From what I understand the RK is a softer spring, so do you think with that extra load on the front it would sit an inch or so lower?
Any info or pics would help.
Sorry again, I didn't want to ask but I can't seem to make a decision.

Thanks,
Dan

I've got the RK 6.5" coils, and with the Warn 9.5ti on the backbone, I don't notice them sitting any lower really, still sits well. Granted, the backbone is a lighter setup than most front bumpers, but I figured it would be a decent benchmark for you.

Here's a picture from a few months ago, it had the RK 6.5" coils, RE 4.5" leafs and 2" blocks. It sits pretty level, but if anything the front is sitting higher...

GetAttachmentaspx1.jpg

I just put in my RE 5.5" and a spacer coils and this is how they sit with my warn 150+lbs bumper and 8.5K winch. There is 11" from my 33 tire to where I cut the fender.
Hollister039.jpg

Look at their user ideas. The guy asking the question is "THE BOX" and the guy answering is "BOX". I had to look to get it.

I advise you "the box" to go with 4.5" coils if you will be running 33" tires.

Me "box" runs 6.5" coils w/ 37" tires.

I run the same. And would also suggest the same...

Thanks guy, those pictures help to give me an idea.

5spd_xj and Box those 37's look like they fit great with the 6.5"s, but they would definitely look silly with 33's.
On the other hand 94xjstud you have 5.5" coils with what look to be 1-1.5" spacers and the 33's look like they fit perfectly.

Im about 4.5" with 32's right now and its got good symmetry, but Im trying to relieve some angles in the front end and gain some room. I'd prefer to eliminate the spacer from the equation so that its all coil. But I don't want to go overboard either.

Im trying to load some pics right now to give you an idea where im at now.

let's see em!!

So 4.5" may be a little small but 6.5" looks to be way too big from the looks of you guys with the 37's.
5.5" seems to be right where I need to be. Im close now but the reason Im playing this numbers game is also because my tracbar mount is a little high and my draglink is a little low. Also when I hit bumps the front nose dives.

P1000185.jpg

P1000186.jpg

P1000180.jpg

haha. i didn't even notice the leaves...guess that's what happens when you live in new england your whole life!

Back