• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

M.B.O.R. XJ Bar Pin Eliminators

xjrider95

NAXJA Forum User
So, a group of friends and I recently started our own <LOCAL OFFROAD GROUP>. We also just purchased a Millermatic welder and have been playin with it and decided we were good enough to fab some stuff up.
We all have about 30 minutes of combined experience with a welder, dont forget.

Here are the bar pin eliminators for my cherokee
100_2114c.jpg

after about 5 minutes of practice and education i made one for the passenger side
100_2126c.jpg

Finished Product
100_2141c.jpg

Tested it by doin 25 over a speed "hump" and it held just fine. It also helps out my articulation because my shocks are from a 2" BB and i have about 5-6" of lift
icon_rolleyes.gif
thats why i needed something other than barpins, I always break 'em. Flexy:
noname.jpg

<WE'RE GLAD TO SHARE OUR TECHNICAL ABILITY WITH YOU AND WELCOME FEEDBACK>.

Last edited by a moderator:
u might want to tighten the bottom mounting bolt, i believe the head of the bolt should set flush and tight against the mounting plate hth

I think it's more of a "look what I did" than "buy this thing" post... Just kinda showing what you can do with a little time, thinking, scrap metal, and a welder!

still does not squeeze the bushing. That is what is nice about the jks ones. Takes all the slop out of the shock bushing.

you will need to be a sit sponsor or at least a supporter to sell stuff you make on here. At least join the club.

no offense, but I will probably not be running something on my rig that come from a company with 30 min combined experience...

Such harsh attitudes from the "red" crowd I see.

I like your product, at least it positions the bushing correctly for flex (alot of the BPE eliminator kits rotate the bushing 90 degrees of what it should be!)

And if somebody doesn't like that the bushing isn't completely tight, I suppose you could add some washers.

I think it's more of a "look what I did" than "buy this thing" post... Just kinda showing what you can do with a little time, thinking, scrap metal, and a welder!
you are exactly right, im not trying to sell it to anyone. i just wanted feedback of how it looks/ if its a good idea.
thanks for the positive feedback..:thumbup:

Pay up, join the crowd, you will never have had as much fun till you have rolled with the red boys.:laugh:

-Alex

He's telling the truth. :angel:

http://www.naxja.org/forum/payments.php

Pay to be a member, get access to more forums, and ability to post in other forums that you otherwise cannot post in. Besides that, its just a great way to give back to a community that helps the sport so much. There is a massive amount of useable information on this site, and by being a paying member you show that you appreciate all of it, and that you are willing to do your part to keep such an awesome site as awesome as it is :)

nope, been around as long as I can remember.... Obviously, it's not required, but personally, I think it's worth it. This site has helped me out a TON and I have no problem giving back $50 every two years to show my appreciation.

Jesus, this site is so welcoming to newbies..*rolls eyes* I'd pay for the membership if it gave you actual access to FSM's and such. This sites arcane policy on it makes sure that will never happen.

Why are you rolling your eyes????

I don't recall "jumping" on him, as you say.... Correct me if I'm wrong here now...I'm pretty sure all I did was answer his question of what the name in Red is, and directed him to the link where you can order a membership, in case he was indeed interested. Then I said how TO ME, it's worth the money to give back to the community for all the help I've gotten here, etc. I didn't jump on him...Neither did Ba-Riedo, for that matter....

I'd pay for the membership if it gave you actual access to FSM's and such. This sites arcane policy on it makes sure that will never happen.

Why would the site admin do that? Those are copyrighted materials and not for free distribution. What other boards do you visit that give you access to FSMs?

OP - BPEs look good, hope they hold up for you.

Back