• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RC trackbar TRE thread size?

Mutant_Xj

NAXJA Forum User
I just got a used RC TB that needs a new TRE. In searching for witch to get to replace it I came across a post that someone said they put a heim joint on instead. I PM'ed the guy and he doesn't have the trackbar or remember what he got for it.

My question is what thread size is the TRE? Where can I find a heim rod end that will work? I know it uses the Moog es140R TRE. I tried searching and came up with way too many threads to read through.

TIA
Damien

I just got a used RC TB that needs a new TRE. In searching for witch to get to replace it I came across a post that someone said they put a heim joint on instead. I PM'ed the guy and he doesn't have the trackbar or remember what he got for it.

My question is what thread size is the TRE? Where can I find a heim rod end that will work? I know it uses the Moog es140R TRE. I tried searching and came up with way too many threads to read through.

TIA
Damien

They dont use TREs, they use Super Flex joints, they can be rebuilt using a tool ordered from rubicon express. Yeah some have Heim ends...

TIA
Damien

I am not sure on the thread size but the replacement part number is ES140R and you should be able to pick it up at any parts store. the number I gave you is a Moog part number

Last edited:
I think he may have gotten RC confused with RE?

I just bought a caliper and pitch gauge, and the thread is 11/16"x18. I'm interested in the rusty's bushing but I remember a few people having BAD things to say about his bracket. Is it really bad? I'd like to do a double sheer bracket but I can't fab one and am broke (2 kids and work is down right now). I was originaly thinking of running a heim single sheer until I can buy a welder and modify a stock TB bracket. Then just turning the heim 90* and have a double sheer.

Thanks to the previous posters for your help.

Thats the problem,Ive never seen a heim joint in that size.

Thats what I was trying to find out. Someone said they did it so I was trying to figure out how. I'll probably put a tre in until I can buy the rusty's bracket. Thanks

I have the rusty's trackbar and bracket...the bracket seems stout enough, its the trackbar itself i've had problems with. personal experience, anyway.

oh goodness. i'm a dummy haha. i misread your post...i thought you were saying people were having problem's with the *rustys* bracket, not with the RC bar. ughh i'm out of it, sorry. lol

Actually the original post was to find a heim that would fit my RC trackbar, because in researching a replacement for the TRE it seemed alot of people hated on TB's with TRE's. I came across a post where someone said they used a heim so thats why I wanted to do that.
Then RCP Phx suggested the rusty's end with a bushing. If I used that I would have to buy his bracket also. I remember reading a while ago (maybe a year or more) that Rusty's TB bracket fell apart on someone and he had to reweld the thing and add braces to it. The whole thread was pretty much everyone slamming Rusty (Which seems to happen alot) and his bracket and trackbar.
So Pretty much I need a TRE, Thought I might be able to put in a heim instead, but I guess I'm wrong.

gotcha. now i'm totally clear, thanks for the recap lol. Yeah, not to add to the immense amount of bashing already, but I haven't had the best experiences with the Rusty's ends, they are a low grade steel, apparently... I think I would probably suggest just dealing with the RC one for now, and saving a bit and just going for a nice quality unit such as Rubicon Express, haven't heard any complaints about em... If I were to do it again, I'm rather certain I would have never bothered with the Rusty's one. hth more than my last couple posts haha

Id say go for it,dealt with Speedway for over 30 years.They typically only put out good products.Might want to find a little bit more stats on the end for a DD though! I still think you would be better off just getting a new tre and saving for a good trackbar and bracket.

I'll try calling them to see if I can get some specs on it. They also have a TRE-hiem adapter so I wouldn't have to drill out the trackbar mount. I'll eventually save up for a better trackbar I'm just looking to make the most of what I got now. Right now I'm just having fun seeing what I can find. A good TRE seems to be $25-$40 if I get the hiem joint, adapter, and spacers for $40 I don't think that would be too bad.

Back