• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TRE's

hippymill

NAXJA Forum User
Is there a heavier duty TRE that can be used in place of the stock TRE's on the jeep without reaming the knuckles? Looking to upgrade the steering to a full tie rod setup like the 1-ton setups, but don't want to ream the knuckles. Are there any options?
thanks

The Dodge 1/2 ton TRE's have the same taper as the factory XJ TRE's and are a little bit more beefy. I dont remember the part # but Im sure if you searched it would come up.

Also...I have a set of Dana 30 knuckles already reamed for the 1 ton ends for sale if you dont want to do it yourself. PM me if intrested. I dont need them since I ditched the D30 for a HP D44.

AARON

another thought: I understand that a WJ drag link is heavier duty and will fit the XJ.. What about combining this with a heavy duty tie rod and the Dodge 1/2 ton tre's?

Moog# ES2848 and 2847 have same pin tapers as stock and the thread size is 3/4" x 16

Back