• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Let's talk dashes!

shelbyluvv

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 89 MJ (RENIX) 4.0, auto, 2wd. I also have a 97 XJ (OBD-I?) 4.0, auto, 231.

I want to pull the running gear (eng, trans, transfer, and HP30) out of the XJ and swap it into the MJ.

I know they electrical is totally different between the 2 vehicles.

I know there is a thread about the newer (97+) dash in a MJ. But, I can't find it. Any help finding it would be cool.

Is there a way to use a older style dash, 96 maybe, in the MJ and retain most of the XJ's wiring? Or and I better off just fabbing the mounts to make the 97 dash fit? I would prefer to keep the look of the older interior, but if need be I will replace the dash.

Thanks for the help Burbon, lol!

look up 1999MJ on comancheclub.com. he has a write up of how he was doing all of that. The hardest part sounded like you had to switch the bracket to bring the new steering column over, and it is rivited. It looks nice when done though.

Thanks for the tip Wolfpack,

I knew I saw it somewhere but could not find it. I have concluded that I will be doing the swap this spring.

Back