• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

$42 worth of kitty litter

smcdonaldaz

NAXJA Forum User
That's what you end up with if you forget to put your oil pressure sender back after changing your oil filter and fire up your heep. Five quarts of Mobile1 all over the engine compartment and driveway.

I just sat there wondering why my oil pressure guage was pegged high. Even reved it a couple times.

DOH! :doh: :dunce:

wow. i done that before lol

Ouch!! $42 in kitty litter + ?$ in oil!!

WHAT!! No video, I feel we've been taken, do it again, this time with video, or, I just wont believe it. Oh, and get a good reaction shot.

i think the price of the oil was included in the kitty litter since the oild was absorbed.... hence the high price tag.

It costs about that much when you realize the o-ring from the old filter stayed attached to the block and end up with a double seal. A 5.0 Ford V8 can shoot oil very very quickly all over the floor.

i think the price of the oil was included in the kitty litter since the oild was absorbed.... hence the high price tag.

Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner! Oil absorbed in the kitty litter cost me $42. I was just outside cleaning up the kitty litter and spraying down degreaser. I'm just glad I didn't do it in the garage.

That's what you end up with if you forget to put your oil pressure sender back after changing your oil filter and fire up your heep. Five quarts of Mobile1 all over the engine compartment and driveway.

What am I missing? Why did you have to remove your oil pressure sending unit for just an oil change?

:roflmao::roflmao:

That made my day...

It's funny because most of us have done something like that..

A LONG time ago while I was changing the oil, I poured 3qts of oil in valve cover when I heard some funny noise coming from the bottom of the Jeep.. :doh: I forgot to put the drain plug back on..

Good Times... :D

E

What am I missing? Why did you have to remove your oil pressure sending unit for just an oil change?
I read the post twice, and came away with the same question. Why did you pull the sender?

Walked into the shop as a mech. was pumping oil back into a road grader without the drain plug. Five gallons of oil on painted shop floor spreads FAST, especially in south Texas summer heat! He'd been doing maintenance and repairs on heavy equipment for nearly 30 years.

I did the drain plug trick once. Fortunately, it was only a couple quarts, and the drain pan was still under the car.

I am also wanting to know why the sender was taken off. The oops I did was while under my Jeep starting to drain the oil I had a strange feeling......"Why is the oil a nice clear red?" Starred at it for a while then realized I was waaay farther away from the motor than I thought. ^_^ Whoops

Back