• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New leafs/coils estimated total lift height???

vtechthis

NAXJA Forum User
I recently ordered rubicon 5.5 coils with acos adjustable spacers for the front and RE 5.5 leafs with their 6" boomerang shackles for the rear. Is anyone running this set up or have an idea of how much lift this will gain since I know advertised lift height and actual tend to vary significantly especially with RE.

Good freakin lord. Will you be running 37's? Your rear lift just with the 5.5" springs will probably be 6-7" and the ride will be hella stiff. How could you possibly use that much lift in Jersey?

Plus, did you order the 5.5" RE lift kit, or do you already have all the parts and are just going higher? No way in hell you can run those springs without changing a ton of other stuff (brakelines, trac bar, steering, sway bar, control arms, SYE, shims). If you don't have all that stuff already, you might as well send the springs back.

I recently ordered rubicon 5.5 coils with acos adjustable spacers for the front and RE 5.5 leafs with their 6" boomerang shackles for the rear. Is anyone running this set up or have an idea of how much lift this will gain since I know advertised lift height and actual tend to vary significantly especially with RE.

You could run 37's on just the RE 5.5 coils and some trimming. I don't think you're gonna like it that high. First off camber situation and you are gonna sh!t your drawers. Try just the 5.5 coils.

I am running RE 5.5" plus ACOS in the front and RE 4.5" plus 1.5 blocks and RE boomerangs with 35’s the rig can handle more side hill than I can. It is also a DD,
Locked it up the other day on the freeway doing 60 and went sideways, I was able to steer out of the skid wilt no issues. I just in stalled RE 5.5" in the rear I have drove it mush yet to see hoe it handle but I think I will be just fine.
The RE leaf springs will continue to sag especially if you carry a lot of weight. Mine started out at about 10" over stock after 5 years they were down to around 4.5".

I am running RE 5.5" plus ACOS in the front and RE 4.5" plus 1.5 blocks and RE boomerangs with 35’s the rig can handle more side hill than I can. It is also a DD,
Locked it up the other day on the freeway doing 60 and went sideways, I was able to steer out of the skid wilt no issues. I just in stalled RE 5.5" in the rear I have drove it mush yet to see hoe it handle but I think I will be just fine.
The RE leaf springs will continue to sag especially if you carry a lot of weight. Mine started out at about 10" over stock after 5 years they were down to around 4.5".

To each his own I guess, but that's way to much lift for 35's in my opinion.

Yes i do already have trackbar with relocation bracket also have RE adjustable upper and lower control arms with drop brackets which will be replace with TNT y link in near future. I currently am running th RE 4.5 superflex with 2" spacers and lift shackles. I currently have 35's and they rub on the street on the inner fender when turnig into parking lots or driveways. I am aware that this is goin to be a tall rig but seing how it is mainly used for mud and trail riding I dont see the height being too much of an issue. Thank you to everyone who left input and please no flaming.

You could run 37's on just the RE 5.5 coils and some trimming. I don't think you're gonna like it that high. First off camber situation and you are gonna sh!t your drawers. Try just the 5.5 coils.

I have to admit I do not like off camber situations, but the rig is very stable. I was running 26 second Barrel races a couple of weeks ago and never lifted a tire. I forgot to mention that I am running a Warn 5 on 5.5 hub kit that give me an extra ¾” track in the front and 1.5” spacers in the rear. The additional width made the XJ feel much more stable. I am running RE long arm with a Clayton cross member.

Yes i do already have trackbar with relocation bracket also have RE adjustable upper and lower control arms with drop brackets which will be replace with TNT y link in near future. I currently am running th RE 4.5 superflex with 2" spacers and lift shackles. I currently have 35's and they rub on the street on the inner fender when turnig into parking lots or driveways. I am aware that this is goin to be a tall rig but seing how it is mainly used for mud and trail riding I dont see the height being too much of an issue. Thank you to everyone who left input and please no flaming.

extend the bumpstops in the front and use some washers in the steering stops. that should help with the rubbing. find you some hockey pucks, you being in jersey, i bet you can find them better locally than i can. aint nobody got any pucks around here. im gonna guess you'll need four on each side.

have fun.

i run 35's on a 4.5RE LA lift with a BB on top of that. dont be afraid to trim those fenders. i have a friend running 35's on a 3.5 lift. its all abut trimming and bumpstop.

Back