• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DTCs return need help figurin out what they mean and what to fix

Ben824

NAXJA Forum User
ok so my check engine light keeps comin on and my scanner keeps returnin 3 codes that i cant figure out what they mean and what i should fix

P0138 - O2 Sensor Circuit High Volts (Bank 1 Sensor 2)

P0135 - O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 1)

P0141 - O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 2)

please if have any clue or ideas as to what these mean please let me know im stumped here

probably a problem with #1 downstream o2 sensor. ther may be a fuse for the o2 heaters though. i have seen some blown from the wiring contacting the rear driveshaft on some years..hig voltage usualy means an open circuit for that sensro. the pcm doesnt see any of the 5 volts consumed by the sensor therefore it see all 5 volts and sets a high voltage code

i just replaced the #1 O2 sensor last year right after gas prices sky-rocketed i wouldnt think it would have gone bad by now i replaced it with a nice bosch one too but i guess ill check it anyway

the only O2 sensors i can find are the one on the down pipe right below the header and the one in the catylitic converter. if there r any others than that then please someone let me know but i doubt that there are im under that jeep all the time and i havent seen any others

Those codes mean that the computer is not seeing the expected voltages on the O2 sensors. Whether it's a shorted sensor or two or open/shorted/grounded wires, hard to say from here.

Id check the fuse. I had code 138 & 135, found out my wiring on the rear sensor was fubared so i fixed it and i still got the 135 code so me being an idiot spent 164 bux on 2 new O2 sensors. changed em and still got the code so i searched on the net found about the fuse, repalced it and all is well. On my 98 it was inder the hood driver side 15A mini fuse.

Back