• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Heater Switch Question

jeepman121

NAXJA Forum User
Happy holidays fellow Jeepers!!! I have a 95 with the classic Heater/AC in the dash. since I bought this jeep the fan speed selector is goofy. the LOW setting does not blow heat it just seeps in. 2nd speed-works fine. 3rd speed Nothing....high-works fine. Also about a year ago the lights that illuminate went out. I have a 92 with the same dash cluster.

1.) is this a PITA to swap?

2.) if it's something electrical that can be fixed, again, is that a pita to mess with. I've never torn into my dashes except for CD players and satellite radio.

might be a burnt out resistor pack for the blower. do a search for blower resistor pack

for the light on my 89, i took off the trim piece/dash panel for the controls and the light socket was on the bottom of the fan speed selector

It would be definately be the resistor for the fan speeds. It rarely is the switch on the 92-96 HVAC control. There are lights behind the HVAC control. Its easy to replace. Do be careful with the 1/4 turn socket as the tabs break off easily. Any other specific questions on the replacement of the light PM me.

Back