• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1990 XJ Wheel bearing size

kimlahti

NAXJA Forum User
Hello everybody! :wave:

I'm having a hard time trying to find out the dimensions of rear axle wheel bearing for my recently bought XJ. Can anyone help me? I have come to to a conclusion that it is Dana 35C axle. Also part number for a correct repair kit would be nice. :D

It all started when I noticed quite big radial play in left side rear wheel causing a klunk in bumps. After disassembling the rear axle I found out that axle has worn to a nice wide groove. The right one is not so bad but has also indication that surface is about go. I got a hint that repair kit RP5707 would be the right one... for the 1-3/8"(34.9mm) axle. I ran to the nearest shop just before closing time and bought two kits. At home I measured the axle shaft to be approx. 35.5mm at bearing surface. :banghead:

Any ideas what try next. These axles do not grow on trees in here north.

-Kimmo-

Answering to myself. ;)

I had incorrect information for RP5707 inner diameter. It is actually 1.399" meaning 35.5mm. It seems that I need polish my axles little more. :)

-Kimmo-

Back