• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brake pedal switch: Need another help please!

p.b.

NAXJA Forum User
I'm really sorry but I need another little help from you.

You all have just solved my problem with the TPS and the signal that the '89 aw4 TCU swapped into my Tj, needs.
I'd never tell you thank you enough!

Now I have another problem with the pin C10 TCM wiring: The brake pedal switch. I have looked in the XJ '89 FSM but didn't found anything...

I only found this wiring diagram in this site, but I don't know if it is right:

http://www.wagoneers.com/XJ/tech/AW4-trans/AW4Wiring.jpg

At pin C10 of the TCU there is connected a resistor pack that I don't know what is... What is the Resistor Pack? What it does???

Besides there is the brake switch that goes to a ground.

How can I create the right connection to the C10 pin?

Here I have found few topics here, where someone told about pin C10
For example:
The brake lamp holdown circuit was verified twice. There is normally 0V at the TCU connector until you depress the brake pedal. This opens the circuit and allows 12V to be present at the TCU input. There are actually 2 switches at the brake pedal. Both were verified visually and confirmed with a voltmeter to be functioning properly.
There are three switch functions, built into two switches, at the brake pedal: lock-up disengage when you hit the brakes, cruise control disengage when you hit the brakes, and obviously brake lights engage.
Okay. Tested C10 - Getting almost 12v when the brake is depressed. If it was the resistor pack, it wouldn't have gotten anything. I tested this on my Wifes XJ too, almost 12v (11.75v).

If all that things are right I think I need to give 12 Volt to the brake pedal switch and connect it to the Tcm at C10 pin, and not a ground as shown in the diagram I have.

Help me, please!

Thank you in advance,

Paolo.

Back