• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Combination Valve??

XJSPEED

NAXJA Forum User
OK Im new here so hello to all! I bought an 89' Cherokee and the previous owner installed new rear shoes,drums,wheel cyclinders and all brake hardware. They also installed a new booster and MC, after doing this they couldnt get the brakes to work right. I bought it thinking it was air in the system? WRONG!!

Since buying it I have replaced the MC thinking it was Bad. I bench bled the MC and installed it and re-bled the entire system. I vacuum,manual and gravity bled it and I just finished putting in all new rubber brake lines and ajusted the throw rod from the booster to the MC. I have ajusted up the rear shoes and I even did the combination MOD where you remove the o-ring but that just made the rears lock up to early so I put it back.

So no I have a a brake pedal that when pushed goes almost to the floor with ease! It doesnt bottom out but its close. My next item on the list was the Combination valve does anyone know it this help my situation or have any other ideas?

Thanks, Mike

Try a new MC from NAPA. I went through the same thing last year. A rebuild from Advance, a new (made in India) from Auto Zone, and finally, the one that worked (new) from NAPA. Oddly, it was also the cheapest! I like to bench bleed in the car. Install the unit, and make up some tubing you can screw into the ports, and bend the tubes back into the reservoir. As you pump the pedal, the fluid goes back into the cylinder. When you're satisfied, just replace the tubes with the lines, and continue to bleed the rest of the system.

Try a new MC from NAPA. I went through the same thing last year. A rebuild from Advance, a new (made in India) from Auto Zone, and finally, the one that worked (new) from NAPA. Oddly, it was also the cheapest! I like to bench bleed in the car. Install the unit, and make up some tubing you can screw into the ports, and bend the tubes back into the reservoir. As you pump the pedal, the fluid goes back into the cylinder. When you're satisfied, just replace the tubes with the lines, and continue to bleed the rest of the system.

How is that NAPA MC holding up?

Did the OP solve his problem?

Back