• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel pump needed,check-valve shot.

Pick-Axe

NAXJA Forum User
Ok,

I have determined via posts and other XJ owners that my check valve is toast on my fuel pump. I have also read not to go to Advance, Auto Zone, O'Reily, etc. to get a fuel pump because they notoriously fail. SO, where do I go to get a new fuel pump, the stealership (quote from another XJ forum user), NAPA? Is there a online source to get a pump and other parts?

Thanks,

Pick-Axe

www.rockauto has a few to choose from

i must be lucky, ive been running airtech(i think that was the name) for about 3 years without any problems on my 89. just checked fuel pressure about a month ago and it was to spec. 31 and 39 psi.

the original bosch was still working, swapped it out just as preventive maintenance after 200k miles.

Hi,
X2 for Rockauto, I bought the Airtek? one complete with frame as my old frame was covered in rust after 15 years sitting in the tank, think it was $125, worth every cent.

Back