• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Coil question

The Box

NAXJA Forum User
Sorry guy's one more question.

I was planning on an RE 5.5" xj/4.5" zj coil. The problem is the more I read about them the more I get the feeling they are a little too stiff for me.

From what I hear everyone like them alot, but I prefer a real flexy spring and since they are the zj 4.5" I feel like they will be a little stiff. I use OME now and want a spring with a similar feel.

Has anyone used the Rock Krawler 6". What are your thoughts on this or others.

Thanks again for the input.

Dan

It's not too stiff. I ran them and went to a stiffer coil and liked it better. Then, I went to an even stiffer coil, which works great for the fast stuff and it still flexes real well. A stiffer front coil will give you better stability, resist bottoming out on ruts and dips on the way to the trail, and will make the rear suspension work more.

The RE 5.5" coil is middle of the road in stiffness compared to what's out there. I seriously doubt you'll think it's too stiff, and it definitely won't limit flex.

Back