• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

xj locker questions

volk3one3

NAXJA Forum User
i am tryin to decide if i should just put lockers in my xj or if i should get better axles first i have a 96 xj with a 4.5" rubicon lift with 32"mts front axle is a dana 30 rear 8 1/4" and what lockers should i go for any input on this would be much appreciated

You should get rockwells.....or switch your rear to a dana 35. This is kind of a random question, but what do you do with your xj?

I have a 96, lockrite 30 front, open 8 1/4 rear, love it, can't wait for the snow to fly.:yelclap::yelclap:

the dana 30 will hold up fine, so long as you upgrade to bigger u-joints from an xj with ABS, you should be fine/if you dont get to rammy!!
i recommend a detroit tru-trac in the front if your not into hardcore rockcrawlin, its a LSD but works like a locker on the sloppy/dry dirt stuff and its a waay better design, then a lunchbox, IMO.

I have never had any personal experience with the 8.25, so i cant say anything, but all i know is that a couple buddys i wheel with have a lockrite in theirs, and they wheel it farily hard and i have never seen it give them any trouble.

Screw LSDs, lock that biatch up and don't look back!! Both axles will handle a locker with those tires no problem....but you should carry front spares at the very least, because shit does happen.

Search. If you don't find what your looking for search again. There are plenty of threads on this.!!!1!!!1

D30/8.8 w/Aussies under $500 for both.

Im putting in an 8.8, you really can pick up a front AND rear for $500?

the dana 30 will hold up fine, so long as you upgrade to bigger u-joints from an xj with ABS, you should be fine/if you dont get to rammy!!
i recommend a detroit tru-trac in the front if your not into hardcore rockcrawlin, its a LSD but works like a locker on the sloppy/dry dirt stuff and its a waay better design, then a lunchbox, IMO.

I have never had any personal experience with the 8.25, so i cant say anything, but all i know is that a couple buddys i wheel with have a lockrite in theirs, and they wheel it farily hard and i have never seen it give them any trouble.

I was thinking about the trutrac as well, i like it because it uses helical gears instead of clutch packs. Doesnt it cause poor tire wear though if you put it on the front axle? And is a tru track a lunchbox piece or full case?

aussie + better u-joints ( or alloys ) for the 30

yukon shafts and a powertrax no slip for the 8.25

you will be fine and it will handle your tire size and wheeling

30 seconds of searching would find tons of threads on the exact same subject.
NOT true, if the OP did a search & typed in D30, they would get 0 hits. So stop all the(use the search feature) BS. Sometime's it just don't work. By the way, you did notice he is a noob, and may not know about the search & it's 4 letters needed?

I think its funny that the two people who got on the search wagon have been on here for a couple months, and have 106 and 83 posts.

Sometimes, you can try to help a person out before you become search nazi's. Just because you might have got search nazied, doesn't mean thats what this site is for, it is about people helping other people.

There's nothing wrong with the Aussie, just as good as an other locker I've seen in the woods. No issues and 100% traction and Oh yeah there $249 each new but I got mine for $400 and put both in in 4 hours. Unless you want to pay $1000 for parts and another $500 to get them installed to get the same result.:dunno:

Back