• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best 7.5" lift setup for DD

vtechthis

NAXJA Forum User
Currently i have a 98 xj with a 4.5" RE superflex and 35" Truxus MT's with bushwacker flares. Im looking to go to a 7.5" or 8" lift using the TNT y-link setup but would like input on the best riding coil springs and leaf springs. Does anyone run the TNT 7.5" complete kit, if so how do you like it. This rig is my DD for now so it needs to be somewhat tolerable on he streets. Currently my flex is very limited by the flares and 35's but i dont want to get rid of either one and feel its time to go long arm. So if anyone has pieced together this size lift please give me details of what size leaf/shackles/etc.

I say go with the lift YOU want to run. It is yours right? I run a 8" lift on 35's, yet not the TnT setup.(Although I heard it was really good) I don't put too many miles on the street but long arms do well.

I run almost 8 with the TNT kit and I couldn't ever imagine running that everyday, I'd say 6 would be the most I'd throw on a DD ever. But hey to each is there own.

i run 7.5 with 35's and using it as a DD was no fun ... you can make it DD'able but it would be some coin ... everything from sway bars, brakes, tires, it really is a lot of wear and tear on a lifted rig... I run the skyjacker coils on the front which are awesome with their platinum gas shocks front and rear... also have RE 5.5 leafs in rear... RK long arm lowers with daystar upper adjustables (set up Y Link) and it rides great! but is slow and sluggish in traffic and i am only getting 13-14 MPG at best with a ton of mods ( new hypertech module, 62mm bored tb, kandn intake, magnaflow hi flow cat, flowmaster muffler, full 2.5 exhaust, banks header, etc.....)

i run 7.5 with 35's and using it as a DD was no fun ... you can make it DD'able but it would be some coin ... everything from sway bars, brakes, tires, it really is a lot of wear and tear on a lifted rig... I run the skyjacker coils on the front which are awesome with their platinum gas shocks front and rear... also have RE 5.5 leafs in rear... RK long arm lowers with daystar upper adjustables (set up Y Link) and it rides great! but is slow and sluggish in traffic and i am only getting 13-14 MPG at best with a ton of mods ( new hypertech module, 62mm bored tb, kandn intake, magnaflow hi flow cat, flowmaster muffler, full 2.5 exhaust, banks header, etc.....)
I'd guess because you're probably running those 35s on stock gears.

Hell I thought my RE 5.5 lift was too much for a DD. I building another rig right now. It won't be a dd, but I'll probably keep the lift right at 4.5 and run 35's. LCOG for the win!!

Currently i have a 98 xj with a 4.5" RE superflex and 35" Truxus MT's with bushwacker flares. Im looking to go to a 7.5" or 8" lift using the TNT y-link setup but would like input on the best riding coil springs and leaf springs. Does anyone run the TNT 7.5" complete kit, if so how do you like it. This rig is my DD for now so it needs to be somewhat tolerable on he streets. Currently my flex is very limited by the flares and 35's but i dont want to get rid of either one and feel its time to go long arm. So if anyone has pieced together this size lift please give me details of what size leaf/shackles/etc.

I decided to go to 7" from my 4.5" super flex as well (its at about 5" ), putting 2" blocks in the back for the rear, for the front some 1.5" coiils and some rustys 6.5" coils. Should be 7" average, nice and even. Front also has RC drop brackets, new adjustable lower control arms, and a custom RE1660 track bar with a 1" extended coupler and a RE1665 bracket. Steering is JCR 1 ton UTK, angles are steep but are perfect, no bump steer. Great setup, and you get to keep the 3.5" RE rear springs which flex GREAT.

I decided to go to 7" from my 4.5" super flex as well (its at about 5" ), putting 2" blocks in the back for the rear, for the front some 1.5" coiils and some rustys 6.5" coils. Should be 7" average, nice and even. Front also has RC drop brackets, new adjustable lower control arms, and a custom RE1660 track bar with a 1" extended coupler and a RE1665 bracket. Steering is JCR 1 ton UTK, angles are steep but are perfect, no bump steer. Great setup, and you get to keep the 3.5" RE rear springs which flex GREAT.

what about the dead spot in the steering that throws you all over the road??i guess you got the problem fixed.

8 inches is to much for a dd?! :dunno: You guys are babies..:rattle: My buddies mj is at about 9 inches of lift on 40s with dana 44/60 combo with 3.73 gears :moon: and rides better than my xj with 4 inchs n 33s. Than my buddy has a xj with 7 inches of lift and 37 with 4.88 gears with no track bar and leafs up front and it rides good as a dd too. Stops and goes fine and keeps straight. Than my brothers dd is about to get a 44/14 bolt combo and some 42s :sure: Than mine is about to get a 44/9 inch combo with radius arms and some bilsteins and some 38s thats going to be my dd. The first 3 all have leafs up front to and the last one is coils but radius arms instead of control arms. :wave:

any one else run decent lifts n axles on their dd? or all 5.5 n max 35s? :lecture::flame::smsoap::hang:

8 inches is to much for a dd?! :dunno: You guys are babies..:rattle: My buddies mj is at about 9 inches of lift on 40s with dana 44/60 combo with 3.73 gears :moon: and rides better than my xj with 4 inchs n 33s. Than my buddy has a xj with 7 inches of lift and 37 with 4.88 gears with no track bar and leafs up front and it rides good as a dd too. Stops and goes fine and keeps straight. Than my brothers dd is about to get a 44/14 bolt combo and some 42s :sure: Than mine is about to get a 44/9 inch combo with radius arms and some bilsteins and some 38s thats going to be my dd. The first 3 all have leafs up front to and the last one is coils but radius arms instead of control arms. :wave:

any one else run decent lifts n axles on their dd? or all 5.5 n max 35s? :lecture::flame::smsoap::hang:

Why would anyone in Clearwater Fl need 40's on their dd? You can make it over speed bumps at the mall on 31's. :D

Back